Sunday 21 March 2010

Today... it happened!

Today has been THE most exciting cat hunting day.
Me and the boyfriend set off on the look out for our kitty again this morning. We met a lovely lady with contented cats in every available corner of her home. She has seven pet cats of her own and takes care of several more until they find new homes.

She showed us in to a cat house which was (temporary) home to about ten cats. She briefly introduced us to each one and left us, ensuring us that all were friendly, to get to know them. She was showing another couple some of her older cats which gave us plenty of time for cuddles and tickles.

Every single cat in that cat house was beautiful and it was hard to know which little mewing face to give attention to next. One face of all those faces looking out at us seemed to look the longest and the hardest.
I took her out of her cage to see how she'd respond to being handled and to me!

I kept the advice I've been given in my mind "your kitty will find you".

I knew the boyfriend liked her. He was busy chatting to a gorgeous ginger tom but I knew at 8 months old she was exactly the age he would prefer. She was long haired which he loves and holding her for just a few moments I knew she was affectionate and happy to be held. She even gave me a purrrrr as I tickled her ears.

When I put her gently back in her cage she started to meow again and pawed the bars. I couldn't resist getting her back out and as a thank you she brushed her soft little nose against mine twice. That was it, I was won over and I felt like she had, indeed, picked me.

When I passed her over to the boyfriend she did the same to him, pawing, padding and purring all the time.

We both realised, this was the kittencat for us.
I'm so happy to say... we will pick her up next Sunday. Our cat carrier will finally come back full.





9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is such wonderful news for you and for the kitty! She is a beauty, too. I'll bet this will be a long week waiting for Sunday to come around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you guys and the gorgeous kitty that found you; one of the "loves of your life" is about to enter your home!!...Can't wait to see and hear all about her and your new life together; does she have a name yet?...It's going to be a long week waiting to pick up your new baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't decided on a name yet, the lady we are adopting her from didn't say if she had one.

    I'm sure there are hundreds of sites I can go to for ideas. I have a week to gaze at these pictures and see if a name comes to me... and yes! it is going to be a looooong week! Roll on sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thrilled for you! She's gorgeous, what a sweetie pie. As for naming her, that too will come! Sometimes names pop into your mind based on their purrsonality, so don't rush, let what is right come to you--just as she did!

    *Happy dance*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girl is beautiful. How lucky she is, to have picked you too, as we know how much you will love her and take care of her.

    We can't wait for your adventure to begin.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Caroline!! She is beautiful!! Names are tricky because sometimes you know right away, and sometimes it is harder to decide - I have 4 cats - two were easy, two were tougher to name. And yes, this will be a long week but it will be fun to start planning and getting ready! I had to wait a week with Virgil (with Barney it was only a few days, and the other two were almost immediate)and it was tough but it gave me time to get ready. Oh it is going to be so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very excited for both of you! She is so very lucky to have found you!!!!
    I hopes you keep blogging, we can't wait to find out how the story unfolds.
    TK

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! ConCats to you AND her!!!

    ReplyDelete