Her list of jobs was as follows:
- oversee wall painting (between cat naps)
- make sure everything stored away in new boxes under bed is in good order
- check carpet is strong enough by giving it a firm scratch
- check each one of the new drawers is sturdy
- test new wardrobe is nice and comfy on the inside for an afternoon snooze
- push every single curtain ring off the table on to floor one by one, making sure to hide one of them under a rug
- watch innocently while humans search for 10 minutes for lost curtain ring
- check curtains once they are up by having a good tug on them
- give the window blind a few swipes
- run off at double quick speed when window blind then knocks a (luckily closed) tin of paint off the windowsill
She was a very busy girl!
Then, just when she thought her list of jobs for the day was finished, she had the difficult task of rolling around on the new duvet cover and pillows to make sure they were up to standard. I'm presuming they all were up to her very high standards because once she had got suitably snuggled and cosy she didn't move from that spot until breakfast time. Well, it's hard work making sure your humans are doing everything just right.